GRAVE DIGGERS DASH / Saturday - October 10 (Pontiac)
Dress up in your Halloween costume and race through the streets of downtown Pontiac which will be lined with ghosts, ghouls, and zombies to cheer runners and walkers on during this morning event. The event is sponsored by EREBUS one of the country's premiere haunted attractions during the Halloween season featuring four floors of spooky thrills. All entrants get a free ticket to the Erebus Haunted House ($28 value) that are good throughout that weekend Friday through Sunday plus the event itself will have a post event party with snacks, refreshments and a costume contest for the best dressed Halloween themed runners. Participants can also purchase additional Erebus tickets for friends and families for $20 each which is an $8 savings per ticket. Note Erebus is not recommended for children under 13.
There are a variety of Grave Diggers Dash option to choose on so that there is something must everyone can participate in ranging from a 1/4 mile kids run to a 5 KILLometer race and fun walk:
5K Run / Walk
Everyone gets a participation medal and a long sleeve tech shirt who has registered by 10/4/15.
Monster Mash Mile
A shorter course but everyone who registers before 10/4/15 gets the same swag as the 5K.
1/4 Mile Trick or Trot
Children 12 and under can run this special course receiving a finisher's medal and Halloween treats at the finish line. There will be a Trick-or-Trot fun zone for participants featuring a chance for children to get a photo with monsters, face painting, and other kid focused activities. Parents can run/walk with registered children for FREE during the Trick or Trot.
COLOR FUN FEST 5K / Saturday - October 10 (Highland Park)
This event combines an electronic music festival with day and night color 5K runs and walks. Make your way through a vibrant course where you are splattered with brilliant colors - this is definitely not an event where you want to wear any expensive or valued shoes and clothing. The daytime wave of runners and walkers makes their way through the course beginning at 5pm and the night group's adventure begins during sunset at 7pm.
Color Fun Fest 5K features a massive finish-line festival featuring live DJ's, food, and the monumental EPICOLOR TOSS. Children under 12 are FREE! If you just want to go enjoy the post-race festival part of the event it costs $10.
How's that for Fall Colors for ya!
THE GREAT AMAZING RACE / Saturday - October 31 (Indian Springs Metro Park)
The Great Amazing Race is a national skills competition, in which teams of two people race through an obstacle course in competition with their peers. Modeled after the TV show, this exciting adventure race has teams completing a one-mile course speckled with up to 8 fun-filled outdoor challenges. Clue cards provided at each stations directs teams to complete a task (obstacle, game, relay, etc.), before advancing to the next challenge station. Teams strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time to be declared the winners.
How well you work together with your partner (communicate & collaborate) is the most essential skill to winning the race. Waves begin every 10 minutes … kids teams, then adult teams. The top 25 teams from each local race qualify for regional championship race and chance to win $1,500! Reserve your spot now as registration will close once 120 team limit is reached.
Here's some important info to know if you want to compete in THE GREAT AMAZING RACE:
- The race is for everyone - runners, joggers and walkers - pee wees to grandparents.
- A team consist of two people - Adult/Adult, Adult/Kid or Kid/Kid. Kindergarten & Pre-K are allowed only if paired with an adult.
- Teams compete in 4 race divisions based on grade of the youngest team member. (Grades: K-2 / 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-Adult).
- Each race offers 3 challenging levels ... easy, intermediate & difficult based upon age & fitness level of racers. Be aware that the difficult course consumes energies equivalent to that of a 5K.
KONA Chocolate Run / Sunday - November 15 (Plymouth)
Join Michigan's largest chocolate party which features 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile races. Here are the details on a really fun event:
- Kona Chocolate Run: 10K/5K/Mile ~ Celebrate upcoming holidays with Cups of Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Guernsey Chocolate Milk & Chocolate Fondue along with music in downtown Plymouth! Heated Warming Tent next to Chocolate Buffet Tents
- Full Zipper Jacket* - High quality L. Jordan brand "Full zipper jacket with a hoodie, two zipper pockets and embroidered"; Men/Women fitted sizes for entrants; *Jackets guaranteed if registered by 11/8/2015
- Post Race Chocolate Party: NEW 2 Large Tents with 4 buffet lines. Panera Bread providing cups of Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Cookies, Guernsey Dairy serving Chocolate Milk and Schakolad Chocolate Factory will provide Chocolate Fountain Fondues with cookies & sliced bagels!
DETROIT THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE TURKEY TROT / Detroit
Running this 5K that takes you along the annual Detroit Thanksgiving Day parade route with thousands of spectators watching and cheering you on is something everyone should try at least once as a memory making experience. For some runners it crosses an item off their bucket list and for others it becomes an annual tradition.